Monday, September 29, 2008

A Gassy Adventure

So after much deliberation and a change in my mood, I decided to change my blog template back to the happy pocka dots because that's how I'm feeling today. I suppose over the course of my time my templates will change here and there, depending on my mood. So, today is Monday, often the dreaded first day of the week. I have about 15 minutes till my next class and instead of choosing to study I decided to sit down and write a blog. So, some exciting events for this week:
The Big Fresno Fair! Yes, it's finally here. Don't forget to check out the farting cow, it's a new dairy exhibit that I read about in the newspaper. I am totally excited-I can't wait to see all of the animals and the cute bunnies! The thing I love most about the fair is that it's usually around the time when the weather begins to cool off. So, in other words, we have 2 days for the weather to cool down so all of Fresno can enjoy the fair.
So this morning I went to go pump gas at 7/11 and it was one of the most frustrating experiences I have had in my history of fueling. So, here are the steps to my gassy adventure:

1) Swipe card; try pumping gas-no go :(
2) Next step: Lock car, go inside 7/11, swipe card, go back outside, unlock car, try pumping gas-again no go.
3) and 4) Repeat of step 2.
5) Finally, the clerk had to come out and help me pump the gas and we realized after practically 5 tries that something was wrong with the nozzle, not me!

I ended up moving over to the next gas tank and using that one. Thankfully, no one was in line to pump gas behind me. The downside was that it took my like 20 minutes to get fuel, which I'm pretty sure is some time of world record. The great part is now I feel like an expert and i'm pretty sure I won't feel nervous the next time I need to obtain gasoline for my vehicle.
Long live the farting cow!

No comments: