Monday, October 20, 2008

Blah Blah Blah!

So after two days of frustration, I finally buckled down early this morning and read my Bible. I'm not sure if you have felt the way I have, just extremely apathetic and sluggish. I went to bed last night with a sense of despair-what was wrong with me??? After tossing and turning all night I finally woke up early and talked to the Lord-I confessed to him my apathy, laziness, and my struggles (as if he didn't already know!) and then took comfort in his word. At a time when I felt like I really traded in God's glory for filthy rags, all I wanted to read about what His forgiveness and love to me. I read out of Romans 8:28 and on--how nothing can separate us from God's love, absolutally nothing. The entire time that I felt distant from the Lord, he was right there with me. It's so easy to choke over the struggles of this world and to throw your hands up and give up. But God is greater than that, and I'm so thankful. So as for now I am trying (with God's strength) to climb out of this hole of apathy that I have somehow dug and have fallen into. I'm struggling with sin, and of course failing, but at the same time I am thankful for God's grace and mercy in my life.
So Jacob is leaving for Indianapolis on Wednesday and I am really going to miss him. Eventhough I am proud of him, it still stinks when he has to leave. On a brighter note, one of my really good friends from high school text me and we are going to try to meet up for dinner tomorrow night-I'm so excited! She has such an amazing heart for the Lord and i'm so thankful. I really miss some of the girls I went to high school with--some of them moved away, which is a bummer. On a random note, God is doing cool things, and today is the last day that I have to do my service project for JCC! Woohoo! As much as I like to serve, i really haven't enjoyed this service project mostly because I felt forced into it by FPU. I have decided that I want to start getting involved at the Well. I want to serve and get closer to the Lord and start going to Bible Study! I need fellowship badly-that's something I've been lacking in.Well, tata for now!

No comments: