Sunday, July 27, 2008

Starbucks and a Movie

So this weekend I felt nothing but anxiety and my relationship with the Lord seemed to be on hold as I worried about all of my concerns. I felt like all day I was holding everything inside-even at church I decided not to go up for prayer because I guess I didn't feel like sharing with a complete stranger my prayer need-I knew I needed to talk to someone who knew me and I guess wouldn't judge me for my sin (not that the prayer deacons would). After driving mom home (and realizing that I was supposed to teach the girl's Bible Study) I drove back and went to Small Groups. As time went by anxiety was building and it wasn't until afterwards that I was really able to feel better. Brooke and I went to another room and talked for about half an hour, and I think that was when I just broke down and told her all of my worries and fears. Last week was really difficult at work, a time of humbling and character building and on top of that, my emotions were going wacko! I didn't know how I felt about anything and today it finally all spilled over. Brooke is such an amazing, patient young women who seeks the Lord and provides some awesome godly advice. After talking to her I was able to call Jacob where we ended up going to Starbucks. I was able to tell him everything that was bothering me, and praise God, as usual, he was as patient as ever and completely understanding. He was also honest with me about the things he couldn't really answer and knew that only God would be the one who would truly be able to answer me. We also saw my friend Joey, from high school, and that was nice. I hadn't realized how much I missed West Campus, when all year I hated it. Anyway, Jacob and I ended up joking around and split this wierd lemonade drink that he didn't like and ended up flicking wads of paper at each other. It was such a sweet time, I feel like that was the first real time we were able to sit down, talk, and really enjoy each other's company. I guess something I realize is that I worry way too much for things that I don't need to worry about-I know I said this in my other post, but it's honestly the truth. I thought that I had given up everything to the Lord, but I was far from it. Going to Small Groups was also convicting because I was able to see a lot of areas that God could work and improve me on. But back to my evening...

Jacob and I ended up coming back home where dad made Spaghetti and we watched Meet the Robinsons with mom and dad. Mom thoroughly enjoyed it and I was very proud (and impressed) because dad stayed awake through out the entire thing! I feel like the burden has been lifted from me and even though I am tempted to worry, I know that I follow a sovereign God who is greater than my troubles, worries, and fears. It turned out to be a pleasant evening after all. However, I don't feel to ready to go back to work, the weekend seemed so short! I also miss Azad and Arpee! God is in control, I am not. And that's that.

By the way, please pray for me because I am also very ancy and a bit frustrated.

1 comment:

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

Rock on Arev. You are the type of person who will always find their way back to the Lord. I'll pray for you but know that even beyond that you are always in his hands.