Saturday, July 12, 2008

Chillin' with the Lord


So this is my first blog and after much deliberation (and the fact that Arpee tagged me) I decided to start one as well. I think I'm mainly doing this to track my walk with the Lord and to see Him move in amazing ways in my life. Today was just one of those days that you have a lot of time to sit and think and sleep, and then wake up and think some more. I realized that I wasn't seeking the Lord as I should be and I've even become complacent, which is scary. This song by Starfield came on my Ipod and some words stuck out to me:

"What do I have if I don't have you Jesus?
What in this life can mean any more?
You are my rock, you are my glory,
You are the lifter of my head."

I want to be sold out for the Lord and to just grow closer to Him. I want to be stretched and to mature in walk...I'm tired of comfortable Christianity. God is worth so much more than I think I make Him out to be. I'm so thankful for His grace and the fact that He is so sovereign. I'm excited to see what Christ is going to do in my life and in my heart-I'm ready to be transformed by His amazing love!

"Therefore, I urge you brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing, and perfect will." Romans 12:1-2

1 comment:

Acorn Caron said...

aww...this is the cutest first blog that I've read! woohoo! I was half the cause of you blogging. :)