Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Going to Work

So I woke up this morning at 6 am ( I don't have to be at work until 10). I spent some awesome time with the Lord, first journaling and then praising him through music, and then diving into the Word. I think God is teaching me how to praise Him when things suck and I've realized that as soon as things seem to go wrong I'm not so enthusiastic to give God glory. That was something we talked about at small groups, how when things are great we are totally praising the Lord and then when things go in the opposite direction, we are thinking, "God who?"

Yesterday was just one of those days at work-I just kept messing up and I even ended up transfering the wrong person! This morning I realized that I wasn't keeping my eyes on the Lord, but rather on my own mess ups. I am so thankful that Jesus loves me inspite of who I am and what I have done, and the fact that there is nothing that I could possibly do to ever gain his love or affection.

I'm also super excited about living on campus and I found out yesterday that our move in date is August 21st (Arpee's birthday!) . However, I'm trying to not get to excited just in case things dont work out as planned. I've decided to trust God about it and leave it to Him. So as I listen to Shane and Shane on my computer, I will leave you with an awesome verse to get your day started (not to mention mine)



"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." ~ Psalm 118:27



Just know that whatever you may be going through, God is totally walking with you. Even when you feel like crud, he's standing next to you and feels your pain and your suckiness. lol I'm excited to see how God is working in me! Have an awesome day!!!

2 comments:

Jane said...

I love your blog! it was so encouraging to me! love you babe!

Acorn Caron said...

those last three lines completely encouraged me for today. I've been struggling with understanding that God is with us even while He is in heaven. Thank you! Love you!